The Tewantin Noosa RSL Sub Branch Welfare Section.
The Welfare Section carries out its activities in accordance with the RSLs first Objective, which is to provide for the sick, helpless, Wounded, aged, vulnerable, destitute and needy among those who are serving or who have served in the Australian Defence Forces and their dependents.
To carry out these roles the Sub Branch has six welfare officers who undertake a range of welfare rolls and these include
- Undertake hospital visits and arrange other welfare services for patients
- Liaise with local councils, hospitals, police and other groups to impart a better understanding of the services that are available to ex-service members by the Sub Branch
- Ensure that ex-service people can have access to professional service providers
- Assist through the arrangement of emergency funding for those clients in desperate need of emergency food and accommodation in the short term.
- Provide assistance to clients needing support from the Veterans Counselling Service and Crisis Care
- Assist grieving families on the death of a close member of that family and liaise with legacy where appropriate
- Liaise with pension officers so that clients can receive pensions advise if needed
- Conduct “poppy services” at the funeral of ex-service members when requested by the family
- Maintain the RSL Ex-services side of the Tewantin Cemetery and supply and affix
- Branch funeral plaque’s when needed, usually at the family’s cost.
Sub Branch Welfare Officers are listed below
General Welfare Assistance.
- Ken Bridges – Ken’s Story on page 54
- Gary Roper
- Graham Johnson
Cemetery Related Matters
- Bruce Huntington
Ozcare Agedcare Facility
- Terence Charles
- Kay Huntington
These Officers can be contacted through the Sub Branch Office on 07 5447 1981